Thursday 4 October 2012

Excellence in Public Service Award 2012 - Mr. Peter Tang


Mr. Peter Tang has been the Chairperson of the NUH/TTSH NPC One Heart Support Group for the past 4 years. He was diagnosed and treated for NPC 22 years ago. Since then, he has been helping other cancer survivors and newly diagnosed NPC patients in their cancer journey towards recovery. His  passion and motivation to help other fellow survivors had won him the Excellence in Public Service Award 2012. The photo above was the prize giving ceremony at Marina Mandarin Hotel in May 2012 with Mr. Teo Chee Hean (Deputy Prime Minister of Singapore) as the guest of honour. Well done Peter! Keep up the good work.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, is there anyway I could get an email address for Dr. Peter Tang ? I am a cancer survivor of NPC since 2004 and its been pretty rough ever since. I live in USA and the resources for NPC is not found easily. Hopefully he can give me some advice or resources or even point me in the right direction where I can find the info. I still cant eat or drink by mouth, suffer from severe pain n fatigue daily that pain medication doesnt help. If there are therapies, procedurs and or surgeries available in Singapore that might help my quality of life I would take the trip out there.

    I would really appreciate Dr. Tang's contact info, it would mean a lot to talk to a survivor of NPC. I look forward to your reply. My email address is bryan_haught@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete